Sole F80 vs Bowflex Series 7
These days you have to do what you can to stay in shape. It’s not always possible to hit the gym with the hectic lifestyles and schedules that most of us have.
That means that home exercise equipment, like treadmills are in high demand. Any time there’s demand for a piece of fitness equipment you can bet that there will be competition from the top manufacturers to sell more product.
Two of the most popular treadmills available today are the Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill and the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill. Both of these treadmills have pretty good reputations with consumers, and they’re both from top-notch, well respected manufacturers.
This comparison of the Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill versus the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill, was written to give you the facts, so you can make the best purchasing decision.
Sole F80 Treadmill Features
- Easily folds to take up less room in your home. This feature is extremely helpful, especially if you don’t have a lot of spare space to dedicate to exercise equipment.
- Powered by a smooth operating 3 horsepower motor with continuous duty action. This makes your running or jogging smooth and easy on your knees.
- Display is 7.5 inches, includes built-in speakers and an audio cable. Staying entertained while you exercise helps to prevent boredom and burnout. You’ll never be bored when you use the handy audio features to listen to your favorite tunes.
- Programmed with six standard workout routines, plus the ability to program two custom workouts of your own, so you won’t have to do the same routine every workout
- Can handle runners up to 350 pounds, so you don’t have to be thin and lightweight to use the Sole F80
Bowflex Series 7 Features
- Large running surface area that measures 20” x 60”, so you’ll have plenty of room to find your most comfortable running stride.
- Programmed with 15 different workout routines and two slots for custom workouts, to keep you motivated with plenty of variety.
- Easy to use grip and telemtetric heart rate monitors, so you can easily measure your progress over time.
- Features a quick incline and speed keys, so you can change your workout as you go.
The Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill is clearly superior when it comes to convenience. Since it folds up easily and features simple to use exercise programs, you’ll spend less time figuring it out and more time working out.
This is not meant to take anything away from the Bowflex Series 7, though, as it does fold too; just not quite as compact as the Sole F80.
The additional workouts that are built into the Bowflex Series 7 are nice and make for good variety, but it can be tricky to figure out which one is right for you from so many choices.
We were really impressed with the heart rate and fitness monitors built into the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill. These features make it easy to track your progress so you’ll stay on the path to meeting your fitness goals.
Not to be outdone, though, the Sole F80’s inclusion of audio speakers and an audio cable makes it simple to stay entertained while you workout.
Everyone has their own preference, and some will prefer the fitness monitors. Others, however, will need the inclusion of media features to stay motivated. Think about which of these features is more important to you when you’re making your treadmill decision.
What Are People Saying?
The real test when you’re comparing one treadmill against another is what people have to say about the models in question. We checked out the online customer reviews while putting this treadmill comparison article together.
Both models have been reviewed by quite a few customers, so we had plenty of information to choose from.
Here are some customer comments about the Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill:
- “Very happy with this treadmill.”
- “Good, but durability problems.”
- “Excellent buy for the money.”
- “First quality treadmill!”
As you can see, people have had some nice things to say about the Bowflex Series 7. We did notice that a few people said that this treadmill wasn’t as durable as they expected, but the average review for this treadmill was pretty good.
All told, the average rating for this treadmill is a solid four stars out of a possible five, so every indication is that this is a high quality treadmill that people enjoy using.
Now, here are some customer comments about the Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill:
- “I love this treadmill!”
- “A solid purchase.”
- “Great treadmill for the price.”
- “Great unit, only cosmetic issues.”
Like the Series 7, the Sole F80 has garnered some pretty good comments from real life customers. There were a few people who mentioned not caring much for the button layout on this treadmill.
Like any other feature, though, there’s no way that any treadmill is going to please everyone in terms of control pad layout. Also like the Series 7, the Sole F80 has a solid four star average rating out of a possible five stars, which indicates that people enjoy using this treadmill to get a top-notch workout.
Which One Should I Get?
If you’ve read all of the information in this treadmill comparison, and still wondering which treadmill you should get, you need to consider the pros and cons of each model.
Here are some things to consider about each.
- The Bowflex Series 7 features more customization options, but having too many choices may be confusing or unnecessary for many home exercisers.
- The Sole F80 features less bells and whistles, but it gets high marks from customers for how well it works, and the multimedia options make it easier to stay motivated during your workouts.
Keep these things in mind, along with the price for each treadmill to make the right choice for your home fitness needs. The Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill typically sells for about $200 less than the Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill.
Whichever model you choose, make sure that you buy the treadmill that fulfills your own, unique fitness needs. Either model will give you a high quality, calorie burning workout, and in the end that’s what is most important about a piece of exercise equipment.